Research Group Mirjam Christ-Crain
Endocrinology, Metabolism & Divelopmental Disorders
Area of Research
Water and electrolyte disorders, in particular diagnosis and therapy in polyuria and polydipsia syndrome and hyponatremia.
Corticosteroids and other stress hormones for outcome prediction of various diseases and as immunomodulatory treatment.
- Prof. Beat Müller and Prof. Philipp Schütz, Kantonsspital Aarau
- Prof. Christoph Henzen, Kantonsspital Luzern
- PD. Dr. Stefan Bilz, Kantonsspital St.Gallen
- Prof. Felix Beuschlein, Universitätsspital Zürich
- Prof. Nelly Pitteloud, Universitätsspital Lausanne (CHUV)
- Prof. Willem Jan Bos, Nieuwegein Hospital (the Netherlands)
- Prof. Martin Fassnacht, Universitätsspital Würzburg
- PD Dr. Wiebke Fenske, Universitätsspital Leipzig
- Prof. Georg Brabant, Universitätsspital Lübeck
- Prof. Jochen Schopohl, Universitätsklinik München
- Prof. Antonio Ribeiro Jr., Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Prof. Ewout Hoorn, Rotterdam University Hospital
Ongoing Research Projects
CARGO study (Copeptin after arginine infusion in the diagnosis of polyuria polydipsia syndrome): observational study evaluating the value of arginine infusion and copeptin measurements in the differential diagnosis of polyuria polydipsia syndrome
CARGOx study (Copeptin after arginine infusion compared to copeptin after hypertonic saline infusion for the differential diagnosis of diabetes insipidus)
GOLD study (Effects of GLP-1 analogues on fluid intake in patients with primary polydipsia): randomized placebo-controlled cross-over study evaluating the effect of GLP-1 analogs on fluid intake in patients with primary polydipsia
GATE study (Effects of GLP-1 and analogues on fluid intake in healthy volunteers): randomized placebo-controlled cross-over study evaluating the effect of GLP-1 analogs on fluid intake in healthy volunteers
SAND study (SGLT-2 inhibitors for treatment of SIADH, a placebo-controlled randomised study)
HIT study (Hyponatremia Intervention study)
COMEN study (Copeptin in monosymptomatic enuresis nocturna): observational study evaluating copeptin as a predictor for treatment response in children with monosymptomatic enuresis nocturna.
CoRhythm study (Copeptin and circadian rhythm): observational study evaluting the circadian rhythm of copeptin.