Research Group Thomas Daikeler
Immunology & Infectious Diseases
Area of Research
Diagnostic and disease activity assessment in primary vasculitis and polymyalgia. Focus on quantitative imaging and biomarker.
Pathogenesis, epidemiology and outcome of gout.
Young patients with rheumatic diseases in between pediatric and adult care.
- SCQM: Swiss cohort of GCA /PMR patients
- European group for Vasculitis research (EUVAS)
- Diagnosis and classification of vasculitides study (DCVAS)
Ongoing Research Projects
- A structured nurse led patient management programme to improve outcomes in gout: A randomized controlled trial (Hedwig Widmer Stiftung)
- Longitundal imaging in patients with large vessel vasculitis to predict further disease course (Schweizer Stiftung für die Erforschung der Muskelerkrankungen)
- Prevalence and risk factors for large vessel inflammation in patients with polymyalgia (Schweizer Stiftung für die Erforschung der Muskelerkrankungen)