PD Dr. med.
Gian Marco De Marchis
Deputy Head Stroke Unit, Neurology & Stroke Center
Attending Physician, Neurology & Stroke Center
University Hospital Basel
Phone +41 61 328 73 02
Research Group Gian Marco De Marchis
Area of Research
Acute cerebrovascular diseases and their management. Secondary Prevention of Stroke: dyslipidemia, ideal time to start anticoagulant therapy after a stroke. Cohort studies on novel blood markers. Copeptin as first blood marker for prognosis after stroke and TIA. Causes of stroke patients' delayed arrival. Safety and effectiveness of fast-track vs. open-end hospitalizations.
Approved Research Projects
- Serum Neurofilaments Light Chain in Acute Ischemic Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (cohort study).
- Endovascular Treatment versus Best Medical Treatment for Ischemic Stroke with Large Vessel Occlusion in the 6–24 Hour Window among Non- DAWN-Non-DEFUSE Patients (Study based on the Swiss Stroke Registry)
- Biomarker Signature of Stroke Aetiology Study: The BIOSIGNAL-Study (NCT02274727)
- Midregion Proatrial Natriuretic Peptide to Guide Secondary Stroke Prevention (ongoing, steering committee member, NCT03961334)
- Tenecteplase in Wake-Up Stroke Trial (ongoing, steering committee member, NCT03181360)
- PACIFIC-STROKE (ongoing, steering committee member, NCT04304508)
Ongoing Research Projects
Apolipoprotein (B) and Lipoprotein(a) in Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke