Prof. Dr. med.
Senior Physician Allergology
University Hospital Basel
Phone +41 61 328 60 97
Research Group Karin Hartmann
Immunology & Infectious Diseases
Area of Research
The aim of our research is the optimal care of patients with mast cell-associated diseases such as mastocytosis, urticaria and atopic dermatitis. Mast cells are important effector cells in allergies and regulate immunological processes in inflammatory diseases, autoimmune diseases and tumors. The multiplication of mast cells is found in mastocytosis, urticaria and atopic dermatitis. We investigate the pathogenesis and develop new diagnostic and therapeutic options for these diseases.
Approved Research Projects
- Prof. Dr. Peter Schmid-Grendelmeier, Universitätsspital Zürich
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Grabbe, Kantonsspital Aarau
- Prof. Dr. Margitta Worm, Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Peter Valent, Medizinische Universität Wien
- Cem Akin, MD, Michigan Medicine Allergy Clinic
- Prof. Jason Gotlib, Stanford University Medical Center
Ongoing Research Projects