Christ, MD PhD
Head of Interdisciplinary Endocrinology
University Hospital Basel
Phone +41 61 265 50 78
Research Group Emanuel Christ
Endocrinology, Metabolism & Divelopmental Disorders
Area of Research
Functional imaging with MR spectroscopy in the area of lipid metabolism with focus on hormones and physical activity. Functional imaging with nuclear medicine tracers for the localisation of neuroendocrine tumors. Localisation and therapy of advanced medullary thyroid carcinoma using new tracers.
Approved Research Projects
- Uninterrupted grants of the Swiss National Foundation since 2003 in the field of molecular imaging using MR-spectroscopy and receptor imaging in the field of neuroendocrine tumors.
- Eurogrant FP7 (Grant agreement No 602812); 2014 – 2018: “Betacure” in vivo imaging of beta cells
- Industry sponsored projects
- University Hospital of Zurich (common NET-tumorboard)
- Kantonsspital Aarau: collaboration (postgraduate training, NET-tumorboards)
- Kantonsspital Lucerne (postgraduate training, NET-tumorboards)
- SWISSNet: all center for neuroendocrine tumors in Switzerland (University Hospitals)
- ERCUSYN: European Registry for Cushing's disease (Susan Webb, Barcelona, Antoine Tabarin, Bordeaux)
- German acromegaly registry (Prof. Schmid, Prof. Schöfl)
- Contact with many tertiary referral centers throughout Europe (Oxford, Royal Free London, Wurzburg, Munich, Paris-Bicêtre, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Lyon) in the context of GLP-1 receptor imaging in insulinomas.
- Martha Korbonits, London, St. Barth. (MAFA mutation)
Ongoing Research Projects
Molecular imaging in patients with MEN-1(pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors) using 68Ga-Exendin-PET/CT and 68Ga-DOTATOC
Proof of principle study investigating a new tracer (mini-gastrin) as a diagnostic tool in patients with medullary thyroid carcinoma.
SWISSNet: Registry of neuroendocrine tumors in Switzerland