Outpatient Study Centre (ASZ)
The premises of the Outpatient Study Center (ASZ) at the University Hospital Basel provide infrastructure for the care and treatment of study participants. The treatment rooms are equipped with examination chairs or patient beds so that inpatient care is also possible.
Connection to the emergency service is guaranteed. Furthermore, a laboratory room with pipetting area and sufficient space for medication preparation and sample processing is available. A temperature-controlled intermediate storage of study medication and samples of any kind at room temperature, in the refrigerator or in freezers (-20 º C and -80 º C) is also possible.
- 5 rooms each with 2-3 examination chairs or patient beds
Medical devices & consumables
- ECG devices
- blood pressure devices
Study madication & samples
- pipetting area for preparation and processing
- monitored storage at room temperature, in refrigerators and freezers (-20˚C and -80˚C)
To visit our premises, we invite you to come and visit us. To arrange an appointment please contact us by phone +41 61 328 66 11
- In the last 5 years, 81 clinical trials, 62 of which were academic studies and 19 with industry sponsors, were conducted.
- Over 2000 study participants were included and managed in several visits.
- A total of 29 research groups from various disciplines used the facilities.
- Thus, the ASZ was occupied for over
Support for study teams
Anyone wishing to use the ASZ is introduced to all processes and the use of the equipment by the DKF On Site Management team. The standards at the ASZ correspond to the current
regulations for quality assurance and all official requirements.
If desired, our team can also support you and your study team in the planning and conduct of your study. Our traind staff will take over the entire, partial or representative activities within your study.
Pediatric Outpatient Study Centre
The University Children's Hospital of Basel (UKBB) also has a specially trained team available to provide practical help and professional support in the implementation of selected clinical trials with children and adolescents. It is part of the Swiss Pediatric Research Network Swiss PedNet.