Prof. Dr. med.
Facharzt für Anästhesie
Phone +41 61 319 75 75
Research Group Jan Gärtner
Oncology & Hematology
Area of Research
We would like to focus on patient-relevant, clinical gaps in the evidence base of medication-based symptom control. So far, such research activities are practically non-existent in palliative care in Central Europe. The members of the research group stand out for their proven expertise in the methodology of evidence-based medicine (meta-analyses), the preparation of study protocols for RCTs and third-party funding, which is the exception in palliative care compared to other disciplines.
Approved Research Projects
- Digital voice analysis as a measure of frailty and distress: A feasibility study (DIVAN). ClinicalTrials.gov: NCT05783401
- Lausanne University Hospital and University of Lausanne, Prof. Ralf J. Jox, MD, PhD, Prof. Claudia Gamondi
- University Hospital Basel, Prof. Christoph R. Meier
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW), Muttenz, Switzerland, Prof. Simone Hemm, Prof. Erik Schkommodau
- Leiden University Medical Center, Prof. Jenny van der Steen, Leiden, Netherlands
- Goldsmiths University of London, Panagiotis Pentaris, MD
Ongoing Research Projects