Research Group Jehuda Soleman
Area of Research
Clinical neurosurgery, with a focus on pediatric neurosurgery, and blood thinning in neurosurgery.
Approved Research Projects
SECA-Trial (Surgical Evacuation of Chronic subdural hematoma and Aspirin) is a randomized multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. The aim of this study is to compare the relapse rate, the peri- and postoperative bleeding risk, as well as the rate of perioperative cardiovascular complications, of patients receiving trephination for the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma, with and without discontinuation of aspirin cardio.
NaVP-Trial (stereotactic versus ultrasound navigated ventriculoperitoneal shunt placement) is a randomized study which prospectively compares the misplacement of ventricular catheters after stereotactic or ultrasound guided placement.
DISSIP-Trial (Dermabond Prineo for wound closure after Intradural Spine Surgery In Pediatric patients) is a prospective cohort study in children and infants that examines the efficiency and safety, as well as the complication rate and cosmetic outcome after skin closure using Dermabond Prineo in intradural spinal surgery.
- Neurosurgery, Kantonsspital Aarau (Prof. Fandino, PD Dr. med. Marbacher)
- Cardiovascular Research Group, Universitätsspital Basel (Prof. Christian Müller)
- Neurosurgery, Kantonsspital Luzern (PD Dr. med. Kothbauer)
- Neurosurgery, Kantonsspital St. Gallen (PD Dr. Zweifel)
- Neurology (Stroke Center), Universitätsspital Basel (Prof. Bonati)
- Pediatric oral surgery and maxillofacial surgery, Universitätsspital Basel (Prof. Kunz, Dr. Thieringer)
- Children Oncology/Hematology, Universitäts-Kinderspital Basel und Kantonsspital Aarau (Prof. von der Weid, Dr. Scheinemann)
- Pediatric Neurosurgery, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel (Prof. Constantini/Prof. Roth)
- Neurosurgery, Tel Aviv Medical Center (Prof. Ram)
Ongoing Research Projects
We are conducting several retrospective cohort studies that address a wide range of issues in general neurosurgery, in particular the management of patients requiring neurosurgical intervention and treated with blood-thinning drugs.
In addition, a large part of our research is devoted to pediatric neurosurgery. We are conducting several prospective and retrospective cohort studies with a wide range of questions, among others in collaboration with the Pediatric Neurosurgical Clinic in Tel Aviv, Israel (Prof. Constantini/Prof. Roth).